Wednesday, June 13, 2012

25 weeks and more

Well on the pregnancy front... I turned 25 weeks last week. So technically I should probably be posting a 26 week update but I don't have a picture for this week yet. So anyway heres our baby girls progress...

How far along: 25 weeks and a few days
Baby girl is the size of cauliflower or the size of a head of lettuce
Average size: 13.6 to 14.8 inches and weighs about 1.5 to 2.5 pounds
I feel like our baby girl is growing so much. She kicks all the time, which I absolutely love, and I feel like I get bigger by the hour.


I have still been sleeping very well other than waking up to go pee. Brandon got me one of those long snoozer pillows. Oh m gee... it is amazing. I have never been one to sleep with a pillow between my legs or under my back, anything like that. But this pillow will never leave my side now. My body, and big ole belly, fit around it perfectly. I highly suggest one ( :

Cravings: hmm well nothing really right now. I eat more than usual and I know I don't drink enough water but it seems like my "must have it right now" kind of cravings have went away for the most part. I have got to start drinking more water though!

Movement: All the time! It's still my absolute favorite thing so far. I love feeling her move. I know Brandon is probably getting tired of me getting so excited about it. Every time she starts (which is pretty often anymore) I'll get excited and shout... feel, feel, feel.. she's kicking. I get kind of ridiculously giddy. lol!

Symptoms: I have felt more recently. I still feel very good but I am definitely feeling pregnant.
I 've had some serious lower back pain but usually only on days I am super busy or on my feet moving a ton all day long. By the end of those days though, I can barely move. I have also had a little pain in my sides, kinda just like an ache. I have heard its called round ligament pain from your ligaments stretching and that its completely normal. For a couple weeks, I had a little heartburn but changed some things I was eating and that has seemed to help a lot lately. I do feel pressure in my lower abdomen at times but nothing unbareable really.
However, I am feeling very big. My belly is so firm and its so strange to me to have this big ole belly all the time. haha! Now, don't get my wrong I would do it over and over again for our baby!!

I am so incredibly excited to meet her. I am literally counting down days until she is here.

We have started transforming one of our guest rooms into the nursery. We painted over the weekend. I owe and big thank you to my Mom and little sis Piper for coming over to help paint. I'm not sure I would have had the energy to do it last weekend but they kept me going and really did most the work themselves. Brandon also has been so awesome. He got the room completely ready for us paint and is working on putting up the molding half way up the wall, like chair rail. We were going to do wainscoating and even bought some to test it out but I decided against it. It might have just been me but I kind of felt like it made the room a little closed in. So we decided to stick with just molding.
The room was painted a very neutral beige color but I wanted something else. So we tested about a million colors and finally decided on one called Simply Subtle Pink.
I am not a bubble pink kind of girl, I like vintage like pink. Pink that you can barely tell is pink but girly enough to have for our baby girl.
{painting party}

More to come on the nursery... bedding, furniture, lighting, curtains... and all things girly ( :

This week Brandon and I celebrated our 2 year anniversary. We went to dinner at the Melting Pot. It was delicious and the perfect quiet atmosphere to have dinner, just the two of us. I had such a great time with him. Theres never a dull moment!
Earlier in the day I received these beautiful huge flowers.

I would love to post all about our wedding, I don't think I have ever posted about our wedding on this blog. But since this is becoming such a long post already I will save the wedding re-cap for later. Until then, I will say that it was one of the best days of my life and will always be. I married the most amazing person and Thank God everyday for sending him my direction. Our wedding was beautiful, so much fun, crazy, happy, loud, sweet, and everything I dreamed of.









Happy Anniversary to the man of my dreams, Brandon.
I love you.

1 comment:

Megan said...

Adorbs!!! Being pregnant with your first baby is the BEST time....I didn't realize this until much later. You have the fun of buying, decorating, and preparing for her without the tough part of taking care of a little one. :) ENJOY IT!

Anniversary